2008-11-26

"CHOCOLATES FOR FANTASIA" by JTK.CA

"CHOCOLATES FOR FANTASIA"
by JTK.CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A dream come true,
You came and sat down beside me
In Psychology class.

Hope springs eternal,
And being mid-February,
I was thirsty for you.

Walking back to the Student Union
After class,
I handed you a large red, heart-shaped
Box of chocolates,
My heart all-a-flutter, pounding out the words,
"HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!"

Then you answered,
"I hate Valentine's Day.
It's just a reminder to singles of their loneliness."

An odd response that made me chuckle and cry inside.

Well, Fantasia,
Your words pounded down on my hopes.

You took the chocolates,
But not my heart.

Loneliness needs no reminders of its own sad existence.

There I was again,
Right next to my dream,
Near me, yet so far out of reach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://JTK.CA
Tad Creations
Copyright © Jonathan Tad Ketchen (JTK.CA)

No comments: